kelly rae roberts' taking flight ecourse began yesterday and i am quickly realizing that i need to outline goals for my creative business in order to move forward and get the most from the class. so here they are…
- be published in a national magazine by the end of the year
- create a calendar with my botanical drawings and find a publisher for it. month to month in flowers, but with a modern, youthful twist
- purchase linwood avenue embroidered labels for my products regardless of cost
- become a much better product photographer
- keep my etsy shop update regularly
- save money to attend an art retreat
- enter the world of licensing. would love to design and reproduce vintage inspired lamps
- expand linwood avenue so it overshadows my graphic design business
- have my blog become a place of creative inspiration for readers
- build my blog followers
- have a larger tutorial section
all of these goals have been cataloged in my brain for quite some time and i have been taking steps to achieve many of them. however, for these goals to happen, one thing i must realize and truly believe is that my path of creativity is no less artistic than a traditional painter or sculpture. this is something i have struggled with for many years and i guess my creative doubt has held me back at times. "crafting" has more or less always been a four letter word to me. why? i really have no idea, it is just a "truth" i have made up and have chosen to believe. today, i am going to make a conscious effort to change this negative thinking!
as i put my goals out into the universe, i ask for your help. if you find something inspiring here at my online linwood avenue home, "follow" me, blog about my content, tell your friends about me and in return, i will try my best to post more tutorials and come up with fresh creative inspiration on a day to day basis.
now, what are your creative goals???